Cinnamon Nutella S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches
For the Fourth of July Shay and I made a s'mores ice cream pie that I posted on IG stories, and you all went nuts over it! I got so many messages asking for the recipe. Well, there was no recipe. I just started putting all the components of s'mores into a baking tray and prayed that after it froze we would have a dessert to take to our friend's house. Let me tell you that it was insanely good! A perfect Summertime dessert that pleased adults and kids alike!
I tried recreating the Nutella s'mores pie a couple of weeks later, but it just wasn't the same. I thought about the recipe for a long time, and finally decided that if I was going to put out a s'mores post for the world to see then it better be amazing! I kind of went balls to the wall here, but OH MY GOD these ice cream sammies are FIYAH! This recipe needs a little more care than my others, but it's so worth it!
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 16 cinnamon graham squares
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread i.e. Nutella
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (half and half will also work)
- pinch of salt
- 8 Cinnamon Churro flavored marshmallows (I used Smashmallow brand or you can roll large marshmallows in a mix of cinnamon and sugar)
Keep vanilla ice cream out at room temperature so that it starts to soften.
Please 2 cups of marshmallows on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Broil marshmallows in the oven for 2-3 minutes until toasted. Keep an eye on these because they will burn quickly! Then remove and let cool.
When marshmallows have cooled enough to handle place them in a blender or food processor with softened ice cream. Buzz the marshmallows and ice cream together until you have a smooth mixture. Pour the toasted marshmallow ice cream base into a container and pop it into the freezer. Let the ice cream set for at least 2 hours.
Place the chocolate hazelnut spread and heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15-30 seconds. Remove, add a pinch of salt, and then stir to make a smooth and creamy ganache.
Assemble the ice cream sandwiches with a scoop of ice cream, a spoonful of ganache, and a toasted Cinnamon Churro Smashmallow.
- I toasted the Cinnamon Churro Smashmallows over my gas burner with a wooden skewer.
- If you want to have pretty ice cream squares then you will need to line a baking tray with plastic wrap, and then pour in the ice cream base. After the ice cream has set you can then easily remove the block of ice cream and cut it into squares that are the same size as the graham crackers.